Investment & Diversification
The Active Group retention and investment policy is to reinvest net earnings in new company projects and in non-related companies, operating in different sectors. This diversification strategy allows for greater stability in case of economic difficulties in the group’s core businesses relating to property rental, funeral and cremation services.
The Group invests mostly in Corporate Bonds of large multinational organisations operating in the hotel and hospitality sectors and other diversified business.
As at July 2023, the Group holds investments in:
- IHI p.l.c. owners and operators of Corinthia Hotels International.
- Phoenicia Finance, owner and operator of the Phoenicia Hotel in Valletta.
- Qawra Palace Hotel, a leading tourism resort in Malta.
- GAP Group, real estate developers in Malta.
- Hili Ventures, a multinational organisation operating in diversified sectors.
For further diversity, the Group also holds shares in Morgan Stanley International Funds, investing in entirely unrelated countries and sectors from the Group’s core business and other other investments.